Monday, September 14, 2015

Love to Trust

Last night I was reading about Zechariah in Luke 1.  I was reminded about his being mute for the length of Elizabeth's pregnancy after his doubt.
What a powerful image and reminder to trust the Lord when we are given a command to obey Him.  I know I won't always and there will be time when I don't understand His message.  But how many times do I have an angel of God visiting me, straight up telling me what is about to happen?  How much more clear can it be?
Last week, I asked for that clarity.  Specifically, I asked to 'be beat up side my head.'  What can I say?  I know I'm occasionally stubborn and I know that God can get through to me despite it.  With that specific decision, I have been feeling unease and just not right.  I have to believe that feeling is the answer to my prayers.  There are just too many things that are happening in this instance that are making me believe that He knows this is not where I am needed right now.
Sometimes I just know when He is speaking to me, and other times, I doubt.  I pray that I am never struck mute for doubting an angel of God.
What commands are you feeling in your life lately?  What prayers have you been asking for lately?  Have you been looking for an angel?

No comments:

Post a Comment