Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Love for Friends

Yesterday afternoon I received a phone call that made me slightly anxious and as I was driving home, I really wanted to talk to a particular friend of mine, but I am not going to see her until Sunday.  Late last night, my phone rings and she is calling me.  It really was a true blessing.  She might tell me to get out of her head, but last night, I was so glad that she was in mine.
I don't know how long that we spent on the phone, talking about our day, each crazy in our own individual ways, and I just felt better about the phone call I had received earlier in the day.  I needed that grounding from God to say that this may or may not be the next step in my life, but that you are ready to take it.
She shared a lyric from a song that will soon be in the 'Love for Music' series.  The lyric wasn't quite right, but it fit our lives, and it fit the moment that I was living last night.
'You aren't falling apart, you are falling into place'
How powerful is that?  Even if the words aren't exactly right?  And so what I needed to hear.
I had to laugh when I answered the phone last night and my friend said that her fingers hurt so she couldn't text me, so she called me instead.  By the end of the conversation, I knew there was a reason that she called me and it had nothing to do with her fingers.  I needed that phone call.  I needed her, I needed the spirit of God last night.  I needed love.  How powerful is it to feel something so special wrap around you and hold you?
Today, instead of texting or emailing someone, call them....  Say I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment