Yesterday I went out with the girls after work. Since I picked where we were going, I was leading the caravan of cars. Whenever I am leading people, I memorize the cars and keep an eye on them to make sure I don't lose any of them while entering or exiting highways or going through traffic lights. I try really hard to make sure the group stays together unless everyone does know where we are going.
Yesterday, we made it to the restaurant with no issues and had a great time. Then I needed to take one of my friends to a gas station before she headed home. No problem. And she loved the price of gas too!
Now the gas station I chose has rock bottom prices and a great location relative to the highway, but for her and I it was a little tricky. First, it's on the right side of the road and you need to make an immediate left to get back on the highway, but once on the highway, the highway ends. I have to go left to go home and she needs to go right.
I tell her to follow me out onto the highway. She tells me she's turning on her GPS. We leave the gas station and make the left hand turn easily, but the traffic on the highway was really heavy. I cut across so I can go home and assume that because this is the first time that I have left my friend behind and we just talked about it that she knows where she is going now. As I exit left off of this highway, back in the distance I see an SUV that looks like hers.
I pick up the phone and call her....... Sure enough, even through all that heavy traffic she was able to follow me.
That got me thinking... About people looking when I'm not expecting it, people following my example no matter if I'm doing good or bad. That is a heavy weight to bear.
But through constant practice, it becomes easier. Surrounding myself with the positive energies that I want to portray to the world has helped.
Each and every choice that I make, positive or negative, someone is watching, someone can see, someone can follow. Is it a choice I can say was made in God's name and is reflecting His way, so that when it is copied it is His will be done? I hope I am living my life like that.
This is my self discovery journey of love: love of God, love of myself, love for others, and love from others.
Thursday, September 17, 2015
Love to Follow the Leader
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment