Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Love to Snooze

In the middle of the night, I woke up with a migraine.  I can't complain.  Since my last visit to the neurologist and the adjustments that she made, it's the first time that it has happened.  So the changes that she made are working, but when my 6:00 alarm went off, I hit the snooze button.  When the cats started crying, knowing that I am usually awake by now, I kicked them out of my bedroom and shut the door.  When the next alarm went off, I hit the snooze button and kept hitting it long past my usual 'you have to leave for work now' time.  My head just hurt and I could not make myself leave my bed.
In the middle of all of my snoozing and trying to find the energy to start my day, I did finally read my 'First Five' devotion and Dr. David Jeremiah's devotion.  Usually reading both of them is enough to kick start my day.  There is just an energy that is found from spending time with God, in prayer or contemplation and reflection.  I love that I have been getting up at 6 the last few weeks and just spending the first hour of my morning with Him.  It really has been a great start to my day.
This morning, I just couldn't do it and although I know that I read my devotions and felt that they were good reads, I really don't remember them.
I hate my migraines.  I hate the pain and the way they steal my life from me.  But today, I hate that they stole my time with God from me and there was no way I could stop it.
What do you find stealing time from God?

No comments:

Post a Comment