Thursday, September 17, 2015

Love for This Year

The beginning of this post is a difficult story that very few people know, but I think it is time to tell it.
I am one of those people that needs sunshine in my life. Without it, I get very sad. Wintertime is very long and difficult for me. Growing up in Upstate New York, even more so, but I survived.
Leaving NY behind, the glorious autumn celebration of my birth, all my friends, was harder than I realized. Combine that with various life experiences and as September arrives, temperatures drop, and in Virginia everything just dies, and my own mood plummets as the winter months approach. Over the years it started getting out of control, so I started taking vacation to Florida.
2 years ago, I couldn't do that. I was in a very dark place in my life and as the winter months approached, life was overwhelming. I was suicidal, left alone every weekend. I didn't know how I was going to make it to Monday still alive.
Today, I can't give you that answer other than by the grace of God.
I had no one to call, no one to email, no one to text to say help me, keep me company, keep me sane until I am. I was utterly alone as I struggled with my demons.
Today, I am in a much different place in my life. And for the first time in 10 years, while I feel the sadness of past years traumas, I do not feel the darkness attempting to swallow me. This week, this month, I have had some very serious things happening in my life, and when I needed someone, I had help and support. I know that I am no longer alone in this world. I am loved! I take that love with me every day of the week. It is a gift so precious and so rare, I will never receive another like it.
That is what this is all about! Find some love in your heart and share it with someone today!

No comments:

Post a Comment