I am a hopeless romantic. For as long as I can remember I've wanted the white picket fence, perfect marriage and a whole mess of kids. I'm constantly on the search for my other half, looking for my soul mate, the man who will complete me.
Occasionally, after I get on a dating site and start weeding through a bunch of guys that just are not what I'm looking for, I will tell myself that I quit. For a while I will be content to sit on the sidelines. But I am really just not designed to be alone.
So I try again and I find someone that I actually get close to and then I get hurt. Yet again, I quit.
I've been playing this same game with myself for a very long time. Please note the definition of hopeless romantic.
But ever since I figured out 'Love is Here, Take It With You,' I have had an inner peace and contentment fill me unlike I have ever experienced.
Yesterday I saw a big beautiful truck with stacks on it (country girl though and through) and was joking with myself about finding the owner to give him my number. But besides the fact that I would never put myself out there like that, I know that a romantic relationship is not what He wants for me right now.
The only love He has planned in my life, right this very minute......is His. I love that. That I am being so blessed to feel the strength of His love right now so much that I do not have to worry about a romantic relationship for the first time in my life.
How are you experiencing His love today?
This is my self discovery journey of love: love of God, love of myself, love for others, and love from others.
Wednesday, September 2, 2015
Love to Love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment