Saturday, September 12, 2015

Love for Crossroads

Crossroads is the name of my Sunday School class.
Google gives me the definition as the intersection of two or more roads or the alternate definition of a point at which a crucial decision must be made that will have far reaching consequences.
Our Sunday School class is named for the first definition because we are a mixing pot of people from early 20's to late 30's, basically a crossroads of life.
My life lately seems to have found its own crossroad. And I think it might be a mix of the two definitions. Roads are meeting and choices are needing to be made. Some of these choices will change my life today, some tomorrow, but some will still be changing my life years from now.
One of those choices is why I am writing right this minute instead of sleeping.
In Sunday School last week we were asked to write a list of questions in response to a short poem that talked about living the answer. One of the questions I wrote was will I ever marry again. While I do not know the answer to that question, nor am I concerned with it's answer today, one of the questions facing me today is so complex and far reaching that I have to wonder the answer. And here I am, way too late at night, worrying about the fate of the world. Didn't I write just a few days ago about turning it all over to God?
Here I am, still not perfect. I am praying for guidance.
If you've been reading for long, you know that some weeks I find great peace, and others, like this week, I just can find no calming spirits.
I pray that your prayers grant you the peace that you seek. And that you may live the answers to the questions you ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment