Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Love for Music: "Reckless"

"Reckless" by Jeremy Camp
Everytime I try to play it safe
Holding back just a little part of me
I find myself forgetting what
I say that I believe
The promise of Your Word
Is all I need
I'll lay my life down
And give it up
I'll give it up
[Chorus:]
I wanna be reckless
Cause You are endless
I wanna be shameless
And shout Your greatness
I will not be afraid
To surrender my way
And follow who You are
I wanna be reckless, reckless
I will lose my life
And just let go
Because I know this world is not my home
With fearless faith
I won't be moved
Unshakeable inside Your truth
You laid Your life down
And gave it up
So I'll give it up
[Chorus]
I won't waste any more time
My life's Yours it is not mine
Use me Lord no matter what's at stake
Do you find yourself holding back? Playing it safe? Afraid? I'll admit that this is something that I am struggling with. Witnessing my faith is not easy for me. I keep trying and over the last year I have actually spoken to complete strangers about my faith several times. I still have a ways to go until I don't feel 'shoved out of my box,' but I am continuing to try.
I know there are different ways for everyone to be 'reckless' with their own faith and I know that person to person witnessing may not be mine. But I want to try.
Years ago, while I was living in Florida. I was attending a small Methodist church some distance from where I was staying. Don't ask me how I happened to decide to attend this one. I know it wasn't the closest, but the people were friendly, if not a bit older than me. A small group invited me out for Sunday brunch after service. It was just a very welcoming place.
The lady I was staying with was not very religious. She had attended services with her husband somewhere years before, but no longer had any interest.
I would come home Sunday afternoons with stories of service and brunch and all these people I had met. By the end of the summer, she started attending with me and going to Sunday brunch and the older crowd was just the right age for her to fit in.
A couple weeks later, I had to go home for college, but she kept attending. She said that my enthusiasm and spirit had renewed her own vigor.
The energy and high I received from that is something I cannot begin to describe. I only know that someday I hope to bring someone else to the Lord so that I can have His blessing for sharing His word recklessly once again.
How are you being reckless today?

No comments:

Post a Comment