Friday, September 11, 2015

Love for Music: "Hello My Name Is"

"Hello, My Name Is" by Matthew West

Whoa oh ah oh ah oh oh (ah oh),

Whoa oh ah oh ah oh oh (ah oh),
Whoa oh ah oh ah oh oh

Hello, my name is regret
I’m pretty sure we have met
Every single day of your life
I’m the whisper inside
That won’t let you forget

Hello, my name is defeat
I know you recognize me
Just when you think you can win
I’ll drag you right back down again
‘Til you’ve lost all belief

Oh, these are the voices. Oh, these are the lies
And I have believed them for the very last time

Hello, my name is child of the one true King
I’ve been saved, I’ve been changed, I have been set free
"Amazing Grace" is the song I sing
Hello, my name is child of the one true King

Whoa oh ah oh ah oh oh
Whoa oh ah oh ah oh oh
Whoa oh ah oh ah oh oh

I am no longer defined
By all the wreckage behind
The one who makes all things new
Has proven it’s true
Just take a look at my life

Hello, my name is child of the one true King
I've been saved, I've been changed, I have been set free
"Amazing Grace" is the song I sing
Hello, my name is child of the one true King

Whoa oh ah oh ah oh oh (ah oh),
Whoa oh ah oh ah oh oh (ah oh),
Whoa oh ah oh ah oh oh

What love the Father has lavished upon us that we should be called His children
I am a child of the one true King

What love the Father has lavished upon us that we should be called His children

Hello, my name is child of the one true King
I've been saved, I've been changed, I have been set free
"Amazing Grace" is the song I sing
Hello, my name is child of the one true King

Whoa oh ah oh ah oh oh (ah oh),
Whoa oh ah oh ah oh oh (ah oh),
Whoa oh ah oh ah oh oh

I am a child of the one true King

Whoa oh ah oh ah oh oh (ah oh),
Whoa oh ah oh ah oh oh (ah oh),
Whoa oh ah oh ah oh oh...

I've had this song saved, picked out for a post for a while, but it just kept getting pushed to a back burner. Today as I had an identity crisis at work over what my name is and whether or not I can use Jesyka on a personal delivery... I knew this would be the post for tonight. 
We can choose to live with regret and defeat, and they will surely rule our lives. I know that there are days when I look back at something I did and I just have to wonder what was I thinking? The more I dwell on it, the easier to stay down, the easier to fall next time. It's such a vicious cycle and one the devil knows how to play well. 
But if you take that step to say I am a child of God, I rise above this, I can do this! This power that stands behind you is amazing, awe-inspiring!  
When I hear this song on the radio, my heart fills with love, hope, joy, a wonder that of all the people, with my past, that I was chosen to be a child of God. That is a feeling that is beyond all cupboard and there is nothing like it in this world! 
So it doesn't matter if my name is Jessica or Jesyka or Swykes or Cee, what does matter is that my name is child of the one true King and I have been saved! 

No comments:

Post a Comment