Friday, September 4, 2015

Love to Listen

I sit down to write every day, thinking I know what I'm going to write.  At least I have an idea of the beginning of my story.  I know what made an impact on my day or my week, I know how to start writing, to tell the story.  But the farther I go, the more I venture into the faith side of it, the further from the facts I travel, I am discovering that I am no longer the one writing.
It has happened here and there with every post, and certainly when I have a plan of what I want to write for tomorrow and then something else happens and I know that is what I need to write about instead.  I know that God is in control of this love story much more than I am.  I am merely His pen.
As I see my audience grow to people who I don't know, I am humbled.  As my friend tells me to 'get out of her head', I am humbled.  I asked my friends which title they want to see me write about and they picked the one that was more developed in my head.  I sat down to write it and by the time I finished it, I had to reread it, because I didn't actually know what I had written.  And I am humbled.
As was said in bible study last night, the little voice inside of you (Holy Spirit) saying 'holla' in reference to giving you hope in the middle of trials and tribulations...  that little voice has been not so little lately as I write.  It has been speaking to me, through me, to each of you.  Knowing what you need to hear each day.
I've been saying in our bible study that I love seeing the same themes reflected in Thursday night and sermons Sunday morning and in Sunday school and even in our personal devotions.  It just makes it seem like what we are doing, and studying is blessed by the Lord if we keep seeing it showing up everywhere we look.  When I started seeing what I was writing about here showing up in my devotions and my prayer app, that is when I truly started feeling in awe of what is happening here.
Because of you, I am here, listening to every word that I'm being told to write so that I can be told to get out of your head, so that you want to come back tomorrow, so that you send this to your friends, so that God's love is spread to the whole world!

No comments:

Post a Comment