I have been going through a lot of growing pains in my life personally, professionally and with my relationship with Christ through the last year. I've learned a lot. I've learned to listen to signs that He is sending my way. Sometimes they are as subtle as a hug from a friend on a bad day, but sometimes, as you are about to hear, they confirm what you have been suspecting.
If you have been here for any length of time, you have been on the journey with me as I discover love and what it means in my life and those around me.
What I have realized in the last few weeks is that I spent a lot of time learning what love is and what love means, especially after the 'God Loves You' Bible study. But does that really fulfill the message of 'Love is Here, Take it With You'?
In the month of December, I spent some time thinking about what I want to accomplish with love in 2016, and I want to try to more embody love, to project love to the world, to be love. I immediately set out to start making some changes in my life and discovered that it's not easy!
This morning as I was reading my First 5 devotion, it talks about The Great Commission from Jesus to go and spread the Good News. How bigger of a sign can I ask for than on the first day of the new year the first devotion I read talks about being commissioned to spread the good news and being filled with the Holy Spirit! How powerful!
I have been in awe of where the last several months and the spiritual growth I have experienced. I can only look forward to the future with bated breathe as I know He had something in store for me far bigger than anything I can imagine.
Thank you for being here with me!
This is my self discovery journey of love: love of God, love of myself, love for others, and love from others.
Friday, January 1, 2016
Love for a Happy New Year
Labels:
First 5
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment