Yesterday I walked 1.36 miles in just under 30 minutes. It's a far cry from 12:30 per mile I recorded at the Monument Ave 10k a couple years ago, my personal best.
You see, yesterday was the first time I walked for exercise since June. I was diagnosed with plantar fasciaitis in late July and was told no more walking or running until my foot healed. Then I decided to get bronchitis (twice) and our fall season and believe me I could come up with more excuses if I wanted... I just haven't been exercising.
But I went for a walk yesterday. A very slow walk yesterday. I'm still kind of sore from a flare up in November and I didn't want to overdo it. By the end of the walk, I was tingling, but no pain, so I am hopeful. I know I need to continue to take it slow and easy, but that is not a speed I function well at, especially when it comes to exercise! Please see long list of previous injuries all from me pushing to hard, too fast...
Do you ever feel like that with God? Like you've been asking for something and He's just not giving it to you? Or you know He's trying to tell you something, but He won't just come out and tell you?
Hurry up already!
That happened to me last year without me realizing it. I received the 'Love is Here, Take it With You' gift in December, but it wasn't until the summer when I figured out that it wasn't just a gift and it was still another month before I started the blog. Even now He is still revealing bits and pieces of the journey as He knows I am ready to handle them, not before.
Patience is a virtue. How I hated that saying as a kid. As an adult, I have learned that without patience I would not be who I am. I would still be a hot headed kid.
So... One step at a time, one mile at a time, as God sees fit to reveal to me, I am prepared to take this journey.
This is my self discovery journey of love: love of God, love of myself, love for others, and love from others.
Tuesday, January 12, 2016
Love to be the Turtle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment