One of the women in my Bible study has a medical background and has watched me struggle with my allergies and allergy induced bronchitis. She has given me lots of advice about the 3 medications I am supposed to be taking. Mostly her philosophy is that by the time I start sneezing or feeling stuffed up, it's too late and I'm already in trouble. She has long told me that I should be taking all three medications daily for the best chance of avoiding bronchitis again.
My insurance company and pharmacy were fighting over one of my prescriptions and so I ran out a couple of days ago. Yesterday, I was sneezing like crazy! This morning I decided I better use the third medication which is a nasal spray. Less than 5 minutes later, I felt it start working overtime.
I knew that I didn't develop that much allergen backup in just a few days, and she was right... I should have been using all 3 of my prescriptions to properly manage my allergies.
She also has another idea that I love. This one is about her relationship with God. Every minute not spent with God is time I'm sinning. I might not have the phraseology perfect, but I know I'm close.
Basically, we aren't perfect. We mess up ALL the time. I know I do. Every moment not spent praying, in community, in church, devotion, working towards, etc for God is time that I'm messing up.
It's time to take my prescription, to commune with God. But this prescription is life giving, for all of eternity and that is something that I can't find in any pharmacy on Earth and no insurance will pay for. Jesus is the only one who could pay that price for you and me and He did so willingly.
If time spent away from God is time I'm tempted to sin, then I want to spend as much time as possible with God. It is not nearly as easy as it sounds. The devil is very tempting, so we have to be aware and fight hard to stay with God.
One of the reasons I haven't been taking that third prescription? It was in the cupboard, out of sight, out of mind... Today I moved it to the bathroom sink so that I don't forget to use it.
I am making sure I do the same with everything in my relationship with God as well. I want Him in front of me at all times so that I cannot forgot Him, so that I don't have a moment of weakness, so that get my daily dose of God.
So today, tomorrow, and the next day, wake up and remember your daily dose of God! No matter how you choose to get your fill, He will always be there for you, ready to love you.
This is my self discovery journey of love: love of God, love of myself, love for others, and love from others.
Sunday, January 3, 2016
Love for Prevention
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment