We all have one. That place where we feel safe. Our box. Being an introvert, I like my box a lot. It's big and comfy and has room for lots of books and movies and trips to the mountains, maybe even a best friend or two. Much more than that and I start feeling crowded, lost, out of my element. I don't like walking into a room of people I don't know and introducing myself. I don't like going to parties full of people I don't know and supposed to 'meet new people.' It's just not my idea of a good time.
Like most people, I assume, I have a mix of introverts and extroverts as friends. Semi-recently I met an extrovert who has become a very dear friend. I'm even willing to have her be one of the people I let in the box....
But she sees something in me.... Something far greater than me sitting in the privacy and solitude of my box can imagine. And she keeps reaching in and tugging on me.
Not hard... Not enough to destroy my box... But she is pulling me out... Out into the sun, into the world, into the land of extroverts.... *gasp* OK... Maybe not that far!
Do you ever feel God tugging you in a direction that makes you uncomfortable? Are you experiencing some growing pains?
Over the last few months as I slowly feel two different parts of me combine together and a new me emerge, I wonder about His plans for me as He pulls me out of my box using my friend.
Be brave! His plans are greater than anything we can possibly imagine!
No comments:
Post a Comment