Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Love to Take A Pilgrimage

Today is Epiphany, the day when the Wise Men arrive at the manger, marking the end of their journey, their pilgrimage.
This Sunday in church, our pastor talked about what a pilgrimage is. She defined it as a journey to find deeper meaning and asked us to think about kind of pilgrimage we would like to make in 2016.
Now I'm sure that some people were thinking about a physical pilgrimage similar to the one the Wise Men took, but after considering her sermon and my life, I could only come up with one answer.
A journey to deeper meaning in which something changes or shifts inside of you as you go along. Just last week I was struggling to find words to describe exactly what I am doing with my love story but as I sat in church on Sunday, I knew that the journey I've been on, just as the Wise Men were, is a pilgrimage. And just as the Wise Men did, I seek love.
Yes there are differences between the stories, but I feel some similarities as well.
I know you are part of my journey, part of my pilgrimage and without you, I am unable to find the deeper meaning He has planned for me. I am excited to see what He has in store for me next!
What is next for you? Where will your pilgrimage lead you this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment