Sunday, August 9, 2015

Pushed Out of My Box

One of my devotionals for August 7 was titled 'Now!'. It spoke of a would be disciple that wanted to follow Jesus except for his family obligations. The writer of the devotion states that if the man had followed Jesus, God would have taken care of his familial needs. When we are called, the time to act is now.
I did read this as is my 'new' habit, but with the craziness of this weekend, I did not go back and write my thoughts about this devotional until yesterday.
Why is yesterday important? Because this is the day that the majority of my Thursday night bible study was talking after Sunday School, not about anything in particular, just the sermon, or what we talked about in Sunday School, or a book, or app. I mentioned this blog. One of the girls isn't on Facebook so I knew she hadn't seen it yet and I didn't think the other 2 had seen it yet either.
So I gave them a brief background of the 'Blinded' story, plus a couple personal details that related directly to them... But they wanted to know more about this book that has so inspired me to write, especially since we all really enjoyed the book we are currently studying by him.
After looking at it, we decided to study it next in our Thursday night group and since it is my book and 'love' is my word, the 'leader' of our little group has pushed me out of my comfort zone and wants me to lead the study.
Our Sunday School leader has us exploring the idea of being willing to be afraid, or being willing to be vulnerable. Well.... Being the leader of anything makes me afraid, but I did not say no as I could not refute the logic used to nominate me.
When I read my August 7 devotional at the end of the day.... I knew my 'Now!' was NOW!
Love is a message He wants me to share, and He is telling me to share it now.... So, I am afraid, and I am vulnerable and I will probably mess up.... But in a months time I will be leading a bible study about God's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment