Friday, August 7, 2015

Crying in the Rain

Driving to work this morning, I was inspired by Matthew West 'Hello, My Name Is' and thought what a great way to give the back story of 'Love is Here, Take It With You'!  God, all-knowing as He is, had a better plan for my day.
My bosses were reviewing the credit card statement in the back office and came across a charge that they could not account for so they came to me asking what it was for.  When I started to explain, I was yelled at, screamed at, including obscenities, by a tiny Italian woman, stating when a bill comes that I need to print it and put it into her box so that she has a record of it.
I attempted to explain that I had done all of this, but was cut off, by not one, but both of my bosses, as the yelling and screaming escalated.
All I could think was that I had had followed the exact procedure, because I had actually needed to verify that the credit card on file for the bill was the correct that we were going to charge.
For the first time in over 5 years of working for these very stressful people, I started to cry in front of them and went running out into the rain and through the parking lot.  After several minutes of being unable to control myself and calm down, I just started praying.
'Lord, please help me find the love in this situation.  Let me love these people.  Let me show them Your love.  Please help me walk back into that building.'
Even though I was still crying and couldn't stop, I started back towards my office.  By the time I reached the door.  I could at least hold myself together.  I opened the door to walk into my office and I see this little woman unlocking the door to her office down the hall.  She walks up to me and offers me the first apology I have received from her in the entire time I have been working here as well as a hand shake and we calmly discussed the situation.
Trust in God and He will calm the storm.  And remember that your plan is not always His plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment