As I'm winding down, going through my prayers and devotionals, sorting through the ideas I gathered earlier today for tonight's post, hoping for some inspiration, none of it really working. All the while, my youngest cat, once upon a time a feral kitten has wandered in... Begging for attention. By begging, I mean screaming as only he can, walking all over where I'm trying to work, fur flying everywhere as he rubs against me. I absently pet him and..... Silence.
I should back track a bit....
He was attacked by a dog as a kitten and his mentality never really recovered. Very skittish. More of a 'I'll come to you' cat. Long before this ever happened, his name was already Casper. Afterwards, no one except me ever saw him.
I lived with a roommate for 8 months. He slept under her bed if given the opportunity, but she didn't see him 10 times in 8 months.
Casper is a medium hair cat, my big fur ball. Earlier this year, he matted up again. He doesn't do it often thankfully! He never let's me close enough for long enough to fix it.
It got bad this year though..... I kept trying and trying.... And eventually, for the first time ever, he figured out that I was helping and just stayed still and let me just pet him, digging my nails into the mats, breaking them up.
It still took forever, but I knew better than to try a comb or brush. At least he was letting me touch him for as long as I wanted.
I can still pet him as much as I want. We are even working on my walking up to him fairly successfully.
So when he screams for attention as I'm looking for inspiration......... Guess maybe I'm the one that needs to pay attention....
Where do you need to pay attention?
This is my self discovery journey of love: love of God, love of myself, love for others, and love from others.
Tuesday, August 25, 2015
Love for Attention
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment