Sunday, August 9, 2015

Not So Simple

Yesterday's story does not have a happy ending. I have no excuse or explanation, it just is.
Our entertainment company is known for 'huggable', 'wearable', and party favor balloons. So this is what we train our subcontractors to make. Customers are usually very pleased with these choices.  Yesterday, one was insistent that his children wanted a very simple balloon that I had only taught my sub to make the night before.  I knew he could do it as long as he was watching me make it, so I took one child as he took the other.
Once the father figured out that my sub didn't know how to make the sculpture, he stood there being rude the entire time as I'm trying to help him out. The more this guy talked, the more problems my guy had.
My heart was breaking for my sub and I know I walked a very fine line of holding it together to get the customer out of my booth. But at the end of the night, I knew this moment was my hardest test of the day. And I failed. My love for my subcontractor, my pride for my business made it impossible for me to show God's love to the father of these children as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment