Thursday, August 6, 2015

Blinded

We start in the middle of my story, as sometimes one must do. Tonight as I was driving home from bible study is when is finally realized what God has been trying to tell me all year long. I'll tell more about that later. What is important for tonight is what I have learned this week and most importantly, today.
You see, my message this entire year has been about love and I thought about accepting the love of others, because I am REALLY bad about that. But today I started reading a book called 'God Loves You' by Dr. David Jeremiah.  I haven't gotten far, but the philosophy isn't just that God loves you, but that He loves everyone! No matter color, creed, nation, etc. Everyone! To paraphrase, the person who cut you off on the highway, the person who was rude in the grocery store, everyone! This takes some adjustment for sure, so I put the book down and talked to my friends for a bit before heading to bible study.
Starting to feel like we are back at the beginning? We might be...
I'm almost home, and a car comes around a corner with their high beams on. So I turn my high beams on. Do you see where this is going?
No sooner than the car had passed me did I hear that voice inside me say 'God loves him too'.
Crap!
I mean it is hard enough with my self love issues to try to deal with accepting others love but now I have to love others as well?
So this is my journey as I learn to love myself, to accept love and to give love.

No comments:

Post a Comment