This year I've had a series of health related dietary changes and through it all my mom has had my back and supported like never before.
After looking at some blood work earlier this year, my doctor told me to eat more fruits and vegetables and stop eating fried foods. No more KFC, Chick-Fil-A, french fries, chips, fried zucchini, the list goes on. I started getting grilled options at the fast food places, which isn't worth it at KFC, but thankfully, is at CFA, since I basically live there and we do a lot of work for them. French fries wasn't that big of a deal since I had already cut them out quite a bit anyways. What do you mean I can't have chips? Like I need salt!!!! (This was also the hardest part of no fried food for mom to help with. You just don't realize chips are fried.) Every summer fried zucchini is a staple in our house. I can't remember a childhood summer without zucchini! I came home early one night this summer and hear mom say 'I'm busted.' I asked her what she meant. She had made zucchini for dinner knowing that I would be at bible study, except that we had canceled that night.
I started taking a medication for my migraines that has made it that carbonation tastes very strange. Basically watching me drink a soda is very amusing to watch. I know this and have stopped drinking it, but sometimes, I just want a soda. And then I start doing this weird dance and making cat hairball sounds, and mom kindly explains to anyone in the vicinity that I'm on this medication.
As I've started getting my migraines under control, I'm learning new things about my migraines, such as candy is a SEVERE trigger. Like level 8, 10 day long migraine trigger... and so, I do not eat store bought candy anymore. And no matter how much I want it, she won't let me have candy.
It has been awesome having her support me this year! I know that she doesn't have to do this and I hope that some day I can support her like this.
No comments:
Post a Comment