Friday, November 6, 2015

Love for Vehicular Safety

As I drove to work this morning with a beautiful fall wind blowing leaves everywhere, I couldn't help but think about the Dukes of Hazzard and how the leaves were always blowing behind their car.  That is until that lovely wind helped me lane change and then I started thinking about the people who help keep my car safe to drive, the people who helped me learn how to drive, the people who maintain the roads to allow us to drive safely, as much as we like to complain about them, even the people who create the traffic laws that keep us safe.  Ok, I might not have thought about all of that as I was driving to work...  But I am certainly thankful for each of them.  I love the freedom of having my own car and knowing how to driving it and thanks to my sisters patience in downtown Ithaca at rush hour (a laugh compared to DC, but at the time.....), I can drive a manual shift as well.  There are so many crazy driving stories that I could recount...  some near misses...  Some, not so near....  But at least I have never attempted to jump a pond in a bright orange car....  And if I have, I'm not telling anyone besides my Creator!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment