Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Love My Church

This year, my church has helped me to recenter and refocus my faith.  It all started with one simple statement 'Love is Here, Take it With You.'  The people I have met, the connections I have made, the lessons I have learned...
I know every thing happens for a reason, and I know at least one of the reasons that I did not get the apartment that I applied for in 2011, but I am very glad that I decided to still try out the churches on my list before looking at churches closer to where I did move to.
The first church I went to was the one that listed more musical options on their website and after meeting the people there, specifically Mr. E and Ms. D, I never thought about going anywhere else.
My second week there, Mr. E asked if I would like to join the handbell choir and just like that music was back in my life.
The small town feeling in the middle of the state capitol was just perfect and made me feel like I was back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment