Seek sēk/ verb attempt to find (something).
peace pēs/ noun freedom from disturbance; quiet and tranquility.
I was told several weeks ago to write about peace. That's it. That was the message. Nothing more. I prayed for several days, listened to music for inspiration, posted on Facebook, read my Bible, asking for some kind of clue as to exactly where I was supposed to go with this peace post.
Finally, I was told to write about seeking peace and I was able to start putting something together. Then I did my prep work for last week's Bible study. The subject? The prodigal son. Talk about being lost and looking for peace! Today I am doing prep for this week's Bible study and there is a section that talks about seeking peace!
It's about now that I'm Jonah in the whale going, OK, God.... I'm writing..... Really!
The work of righteousness will be peace,
And the effect of righteousness,
Quietness and assurance forever.
Isaiah 32:17
A few weeks ago, our pastor had us share with our neighbors around us where some beautiful places were that we had been.
For me, going out to my favorite camping spot in the mountains of the Appalachians, or to the Gulf in Florida, or the Filmore Glen in New York, or even a rare glimpse of bright yellow foliage as I sit writing this in Richmond .... These have always been my sources of peace.
But this summer, something changed.
It started in Sunday School when I said I didn't know what was happening in my life, but that something was. I only knew that every time I got closer to church, the devil played havoc in my life and pulled me away.
July marked Thursday night bible study starting and Sunday lunches. August was this blog. September I was asked to help out with the food pantry and to join the praise team. October was my first practice and performance with the praise team. I am still waiting for my chance to contribute to the food pantry, but I am willing.
All of this is showing me a much different and far greater peace than those I've previously experienced. Yes, I still still take my vacations, but I don't think that I will need them the same way that I have in years past.
I am seeking my peace almost every day of the week! And it is an amazing experience!
No comments:
Post a Comment