Thursday, February 4, 2016

Love to Live Alone

A little over 4 years ago, I was looking at moving out of my apartment at my parents and was trying to figure out what I wanted. I had been denied my own apartment based on my nonexistent credit so I had turned to Craigslist in hopes of a miracle.
I went to look at a garage apartment, 1200 sq ft with a small yard. The commute and rent were a bit more than I wanted, but it was an amazing space! I wanted it! I gave the lady my deposit even though I was meeting a potential roommate the next day.
As I was driving to meet this roommate, who BTW, I really did not want to live with... I just did not want to live with someone! I wanted my own space!
Anyways, as I was driving, I just kept praying, saying, I know what I want, but what is it you want for me? Give me a sign. Make sure I know I'm in the right place.
As soon as this wild and wacky woman walked in the door of Panera, I can't remember if it was like we knew each other forever or if it just clicked, but I know we couldn't stop talking.
She is this amazing and loud bubble of faith that I just knew without a doubt, God wanted in my life.
One of the questions of my Bible study this week was how has God challenged you and how did you respond?
I really, really wanted that garage apartment, but it would have been a struggle for me in more ways than one.
Moving in with this roommate, opening my eyes to a whole new world of how to live with God and I thank Him all the time for bringing her and her beautiful family into my life.
And another fantastic blessing of this move, I never would have ended up at my church if I had moved into the garage apartment...
So many miracles from one cup of coffee... Or chai latte :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment