Thursday, August 20, 2015

Love for Music: "Broken Hallelujah"

"Broken Hallelujah" by The Afters

I can barely stand right now.
Everything is crashing down,
And I wonder where You are.
I try to find the words to pray.
I don't always know what to say,
But You're the one that can hear my heart.
Even though I don't know what your plan is,
I know You're making beauty from these ashes.
I've seen joy and I've seen pain.
On my knees, I call Your name.
Here's my broken hallelujah.
With nothing left to hold onto,
I raise these empty hands to You.
Here's my broken hallelujah.
You know the things that have brought me here.
You know the story of every tear.
‘Cause You've been here from the very start.
Even though I don't know what your plan is,
I know You're making beauty from these ashes.
I've seen joy and I've seen pain.
On my knees, I call Your name.
Here's my broken hallelujah.
With nothing left to hold onto,
I raise these empty hands to You.
Here's my broken hallelujah.
When all is taken away, don't let my heart be changed.
Let me always sing Hallelujah
When I feel afraid, don't let my hope be erased
Let me always sing Hallelujah.
Let me always sing Hallelujah.
I will always sing
I will always sing
Here's my broken hallelujah.

Tonight was the last night of our Hebrews bible study and we did a wrap up / review. As I was driving home, this song came on and while I don't recall having ever heard it before, I found myself singing along with it, feeling the words and the meaning.
This summer it has amazed me at the number of times I've seen God's messages echoed from church to Sunday School to Thursday night to individual study and tonight was no exception.
This song talks about the struggle of life and brokenness and praising through it all. About not knowing what to say or how to pray, but still praising.
Everything that this song talks about, we talked about tonight.... When people ask me, how do you know God exists..... THIS..... this....... This is how I know..... When I know the words to a song I've never heard before, when they touch my soul, when they connect with me and when I realize that every single one was just mentioned an hour before....
This is what faith is.... In its simplest form. Love from my God to me. Amen!
How do you feel loved today?

No comments:

Post a Comment