Thursday, February 11, 2016

Love the Blind Man

Yet again I mention a conversation my friend and I had in bible study... The topic of conversation was similar to yesterday's topic: candy or ram... Was my miscarriage from God or the devil.
As I was doing my homework for bible study this week, we were studying David and Bathsheba and the fact that because of David's sin, they would lose their first child.
Immediately, Angie Smith starts talking about the women reading this story and that they are going to see a correlation between their lives and David. She says that she doesn't think this is true unless we are called to be the king of Israel.
I'm going to insert here that Jesus died on the cross to forgive our sins!!!
She goes on to talk about the fact that she herself has buried a child herself and knows where we are all coming from.
She then tells us to go read a couple verses... John 9:1-3
I want you to take a moment now to go read them. If you don't have a bible, look it up on Google. Read the verses a couple times. Just stop and think.
No matter if you have had a miscarriage or lost a baby or... That is the specific suffering that brought this verse into my life, but as I read it, I knew it was so much more powerful than just for women, for just this one instance in my life!
As I sent a text to my friend asking her to think of me as she read this verse, I had no clue the suffering I was about to endure. This week has been difficult in no small part starting a few hours after I discovered this verse... But every moment, every time I turn around I see God using me. I see God's miracles in a situation that could have left me 'blind' if I had allowed the devil grip of my life.
I know it's not easy to see a use for suffering... And for anyone to say to a grieving mother that there is a purpose... I hated the doctor that said something similar to me. But looking back many years later, I can see reason to the situation. Not that I don't miss my daughter every day! But I understand why God chose to take her home instead of giving her to me.
So once or twice more, read those verses. And I hope you find comfort. Know that I'm praying for you, no matter where you are in your journey, because we all suffer! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment